Monday, March 13, 2017

Keeping Commitments

Hey Hey Hey everyone! It is good to hear from you guys. Lindsay that little guy gets cuter and cuter. I can't believe it. He makes me happy even though I have never even met him. From the pictures you sent it may now seem that Trevor is the favorite uncle, but as soon as I get home that title will quickly be mine. I just had to give you a head start Trev! He is getting big! Mom, Dad, you are the best looking grandparents I have ever seen. Keep up the good work! 

This week was kind of an interesting one. I can't say that anything really exciting happened. We did a lot of work of course, but the results haven't quite come through yet. We are excited for the upcoming weeks because we have found some great new investigators this week!

I am learning that people in the mid-west have an incredible habit of over estimating the weather. We have had several tornado warnings in the past couple weeks. If there is a small breeze you can bet the tornado warning is going to go off. Last night when we were stopping by to see some potentials, the temperature dropped a little bit. At every door people warned us about the oncoming blizzard that was definitely headed our way. We got back to the apartment a little cold, but with no snow on our shoes. We did wake up to quite a bit of snow, but no blizzards. Let’s just say that by the time I get home, I will be able to go skiing in a t-shirt and basketball shorts. The cold here is unlike anything I have ever felt, but I am getting used to it and can usually go out with just a jacket on. One of the blessings from serving in Iowa/Illinois.

Fourth, on a more exciting level, one of our investigators, T has been struggling with one of the commitments. Elder Blau and I prayed and prayed that he would be able to improve. I was frustrated that such a simple lifestyle change would keep a man from true happiness. We went back later and he had kept the commitment for the entire week. We were pumped! He then went on to pass his baptismal interview. He is scheduled to get baptized on Saturday. We are stoked for him. Elder Blau and his past companion taught him before I got here and we think he is now ready to enter the waters of baptism.

Other than that, there isn't too much to report on. I love the gospel, I love sweet sunsets over the Mississippi (honestly I wish you guys could see it, the pictures don't do it justice) and I love you guys. I hope you all have a great week.

Elder Bing



No comments:

Post a Comment