Monday, September 25, 2017

What is Your Legacy?

Hey hey hey! It was yet another great week here in Des Moines. We had a pretty busy week with all kinds of different things and unfortunately, we weren't able to teach too much, so this email might be a little lame but as always, I will try to rock your world with the life of Elder Obray.

Elder Milligan and I are doing great! He goes home here in a couple of months so we talk a lot about girls and a lot about music so it has kind of been wrecking me a little bit but all is well. We have a lot of work to do here. I don't think I have had as much in common with any of my companions as I do with Elder Milligan. I am pretty sure we would have been in the same circle of friends back home. Pretty sweet. Can't complain too much. We did a Japanese face mask thing the other night so I will make sure to include some pictures. 

The first week of the new transfer is always pretty busy for us. We had to travel over to Iowa City for a MLC. It is always a pretty fun day. We spend the majority of the day in a big meeting with all of the other ZLs, STLs, the APs and President and Sister Badger. It is fun because a lot of my buddies here in the mission were also at the MLC so it was great to see all of those guys. President and Sister Badger trained a lot on leaving a legacy as a missionary. They asked the question, when all is said and done on your mission, what do you want your legacy to be? It can also be applied to life in general, when the clock strikes zero on our life's scoreboard, how do we want people to remember us? It caused a lot of deep thinking, you all know I am a pro at that.

We also had interviews with President Badger and Sister Badger, it makes for a long day for us, but it is always good to sit down and talk with the Badgers one on one. President Badger and I are growing to be buddies. We sat and talked for a good while. I have so much to learn from that man. It is awesome getting to serve here in Des Moines close to them. 

We have spent a lot of time working out living situations in our area. We suggested that an area be white washed (two new elders replace the sisters that were serving there) and it has caused some problems with the apartments. Basically, our apartment was taken by the new elders and we were forced to find a new one and move all of the old sisters’ furniture into our new apartment. We also spent a long time cleaning the sisters’ apartment, I have come to the conclusion that I don't want to get married. Girls are gross sometimes, man. I have never seen so much hair in my life. But we are finally done and it is behind us. What a blessing. We are finally all moved into our new place and Elder Milligan and I are utilizing some sweet bunk beds. THERE IS SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES! It is cool because I have the top bunk so I can practice my high jump approach every night just to get into my bed. I won't be missing a beat when I get back! 

We had a little bit of a slower week at church with investigators coming, but my guy E is still on track to get baptized on the 7th. He is doing great. It has been awesome to see the changes that he has made in his life. We went over the baptismal questions with him the other day and he passed with flying colors. He is such a stud. I can't wait for his baptism. We also have another woman who is getting close, she is getting baptized on the 21st. She is the woman I talked about a few weeks ago with the cute little African boys. The Lord is blessing us! 

I don't really have too much to report on this week. I will do my best to have killer stories for you guys next week. I love you guys and I hope that everything is going great back in the 801. Have a great week.

The Elder on the top bunk,
Elder Obray




No comments:

Post a Comment