Monday, November 6, 2017

I'm Ripped

Hey Hey Hey! It was yet another great week here in the Capital. This week was super busy with all kinds of shenanigans, but of course it was a good one. All weeks can be good weeks if we let them. First though, Lindsay that video that you sent me of Maxwell and Jonathan killed me! I am sitting here in the Des Moines library and I exploded with laughter when I saw it. The people around me were concerned about the white boy in the church clothes having an episode. Thanks for the laugh! Maxwell looked like a stud in the pictures from Halloween. What a cute kid.

This week was loaded, in Des Moines, they celebrate this holiday called Begger's night. It is the day before Halloween when all of the kids can trick or treat safely. So on Monday night our cars had to be grounded at 6. So right after P day was over, we were stranded in our apartment. It was wild. We had interviews with President Badger on Halloween so that was also a super busy day. We spent the whole day in the stake center with President and Sister Badger conducting interviews with our zone. Our cars were grounded at 6 again on Halloween so we went with a member over to his apartment and were treated with a movie!! It was the Prophet of the Restoration, but a movie none the less. He was the guy who sent you pictures the other day Momma. He is a great guy and really helps out the missionaries in Des Moines. 

One thing I forgot to mention last week was that I had to sing another song at MLC on Wednesday. I sang a cute rendition of the primary song "My Heavenly Father Loves Me," one of my favorites. It went alright, we had to wake up really early to drive some elders to Iowa City so we all got Monsters to make up for it. I have had plenty of Monsters on my mission and they usually don't affect me too much, but I didn't think about how we were going to be sitting in a meeting all day so the caffeine really got to me. I was shaking for a good part of the meeting. It was pretty intense, between the side effects of the caffeine and the nervousness for the song, my heart rate was steady at around 3000 bpm. No big deal. 

On Friday night, we were having some exchanges with one of the District Leaders and his companion. I went with Elder Kelley and we had a great exchange. We found some great people to teach. At the end of the night we were driving back to our apartment when all of the sudden two young huskies ran out into the road. Our van doesn't have the best breaks so  I am sad to say that I hit both of them. I slammed the brakes, so we didn't hit them too hard, but I was definitely worried that I was going to get out of the car to find two beautiful dogs lying on the road. Luckily when I got out of the car I saw them running around across the street so at least I didn't kill either of them. Hopefully they are alright. I felt like garbage the rest of the night though. I almost murdered two dogs. 

There were some cool changes that went down in the Des Moines stake that I am sure you are dying to hear about, they introduced a YSA branch that will cover three stakes. Because it is the middle of the transfer, Elder Milligan and I are going to be representing the missionaries from the Des Moines stake. It is going to be cool to work with some of the YSA in the area. When we went to the branch yesterday I got to catch up with some members from Ames. It was awesome to see some familiar faces. I love that place. 

The last funny experience was last night. Elder Milligan and I went over to a family's house for dinner. This family feeds a bunch of people from the ward on Sunday nights so it is always a good time. Our area includes Drake University so a couple of the student members in the YSA branch showed up. They were actually pretty cute, (don't worry I am still consecrated to the work) but the funny thing was after the dinner we were all walking to our cars. I unlocked our sweet ride and started up the ten foot ascent to get into the driver's seat when all of the sudden my suit pants ripped right up the seem. It was super impressive. I am going to get them fixed today so it shouldn't be a huge deal. 

That is all I really have to update you guys on. Keep on keeping on and say your prayers! I love you! 

The Elder with the ripped pants,

Elder Obray

p.s. I did get the package. You guys are the coolest people around. The fitbit has had me all kinds of self conscious about moving. It sends reminders to move so I will be sitting in a lesson and have a reminder to move so I will suddenly have an intense desire to do some jumping jacks. It is the good stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment