Sunday, June 17, 2018

Three Cheers for Three Steves

Happy Father's day Poppa! You are the man. I am incredibly grateful for a dad like you. Some of the best times were spent with you and mom at the movies or post basketball game talks and track meet pep talks or days on the golf course. Words will never be able to describe how grateful I am to have two amazing parents who are my best pals. Thank you for your incredible example of what a father should be like. I will do my best to follow that example throughout my life as a father, brother, son and a man. You are the man Bob. Man I am so grateful for all of you guys. I can't wait to give you all a hug in a little while. 

Man the weeks are getting better and better. I was talking with President Badger the other day and I told him that I feel like the highlights of my mission have been happening recently. The book ends of my mission have proven to be the times when I have grown the most and have experienced the highest moments of my mission. The great thing is I still have 61 more days to have more killer experiences. I can't wait for all the good stuff in store.

On that note, I think that my mission is complete. I don't know if I could ask for anything else while I am here. It is official. S the third has entered the waters of baptism and I couldn't be more excited. He came up from the water and had tears streaming down his face. He is the man. He has made so many changes in his life and he has definitely been prepared for this for a long time. If I haven't shared the story about how we started teaching him, remind me to next week. Answers to prayers for sure. Unfortunately, we haven't found another S yet. But hope is not lost. We won't be able to do too much more finding this transfer, but I know there is another prepared S waiting for a tall scrawny high jumping missionary to knock on his door. 

We had a really cool experience this week with some of my favorite people. The Bs are doing so well. They are such a great family and I'm real excited for them. My man N came to church today with a white shirt and tie. Looking like a high priest. After our lesson this week, we were all just joking around and N was talking about all of the other missionaries that he has shut down in the past. He then talked about how if it had been any other missionaries, he probably would have told them the same thing. He then said something along the lines of, "Because you guys are the way you are, I decided it was worth a shot". Man that is what every missionary wants to hear. Remember what I said about high points of my mission? I am so grateful to teach this great family. 

I am sorry that my emails are getting shorter, actually I am sure that is probably a good thing. I used to write some novels... Have a great week this week! 

I love you! :)

A grateful missionary,

Elder Obray

The man himself, S the III

He told us his name was Jolly Sun Dog. Respect.

The Bs, the coolest people ever

No comments:

Post a Comment