Monday, January 23, 2017

"We Invite, They Commit, We Follow Up"

Hey Hey Hey! If I said that this week was my favorite of my mission, I would definitely be a liar. It was kind of one those weeks where nothing extra exciting happened, but as always I will do my best to keep this email subpar. 

I will start off with a wonderful experience that happened right after I logged off last Monday. My hair was getting a little long so we decided that it was time for a trim. We were kind of pressed for time so we ran into Great Clips. First mistake. Great Clips is great because of the minimal time it takes for the ladies to give people haircuts, but I would say the haircut was mediocre at best. By the time the lady was done, she had pretty much buzzed my hair off. Yep I am pretty sure I aged about fifteen years in about ten minutes. I looked like a father of two when I walked away from the chair. I guess on a mission is the best time to get a bad haircut, but man my confidence took a major hit. In case you were wondering, I don't look very good with a buzz cut.  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, so you will have to take my word for it. I pray that my hair will grow back extra fast. 

One cool thing that happened this week was on Thursday night we were doing some knocking; we ran into a couple from Sri Lanka. They invited us in and we started to teach them about the gospel. He is Buddhist and has no Christian background so it might be a little bit of a challenge, but we are stoked for them. They even accepted an invitation to be baptized.

To put the cherry on top of a wonderful week, on Friday we were parallel parked at our ward mission leader’s house. It was a marvelous parking job, Jonathan you would have been proud. When we were getting back into the car, Elder Balderston was talking on the phone and opened his door too wide and the corner of the door got stuck in the grass. I didn't realize this and we were running late so I started to back up. The car moved but the corner of the door didn't. Basically, I bent the corner of the door a little way and there is a sweet dent in the front of the door. I'm an idiot! Hopefully when we go and get an estimate on it, it will cost less than 1500 dollars. If not, I won't be driving for eighteen months. Fingers crossed. 

Well to conclude this email I will practice some missionary work on you guys. There is a topic in Preach My Gospel that says, "We invite, they commit, we follow up." I asked a few weeks ago if you guys could shoot me some music and piano music and some other things. I just wanted to follow up on the progress that those items are making. I will be persistent in the matter. 

I love you guys and I hope you have a marvelous week.

The middle-aged Elder,
Elder Obray

No comments:

Post a Comment