Monday, January 9, 2017

There Must Be Something in the Water

What's up what's up!? It is good to hear from you guys and to hear that all is well back in the 801. I'm jealous that Utah is getting hit with a lot of snow. We haven't had any! It just gets extremely cold without the fun winter wonderland features. I better hear some sweet stories of family trips to the ski slopes. From what I hear, Iowa has a couple of ski resorts. There is one about 30 minutes away from Ames. The mountain is comparable to the sweet snowboarding ramps Trevor and I made in the backyard when we were younger, but it is a ski resort nonetheless. We will have to check it out one of these days on P-day.

Man, it has been a great week so buckle up. Q GOT BAPTIZED! I told you last week how we were worried about putting the baptism service together and getting the word out, but fortunately a couple miracles took place and we were able to get it taken care of! He was so stoked about it. This week we were talking about it with him trying to get everything ready and we were planning on a time. He quickly told us that he wanted to be baptized at 9 AM. He then told us that he was born at 9 AM. He wanted his baptism to be comparable to his actual birth! Man, Q is such a stud. Elder Balderston baptized him on Saturday and I was able to give a talk at his baptism. I talked about the Holy Ghost and the sanctity of the words "Receive the Holy Ghost" I compared it to football. You guys know I love sports analogies. I heard a really good one about high jumping once, but I can't remember who said that one. I was then given the opportunity to confirm Q a member of the church and helped him receive the Holy Ghost. I was so nervous! I blame it on the warm church building or the Iowa humidity, but I got a little sweaty to be honest. When it came time for the blessing, I nervously put my hands on his head and started. As soon as I started, the nerves and the anxiety left and it went swimmingly. Isn't the priesthood the best? 

Later that Sunday during the gospel principles class we were talking about the Holy Ghost. He told us that he felt different and that he could tell when he prayed that Heavenly Father was listening. He is the man. 

This week marks the last week of transfer number three. Surprise, surprise I am sticking around in Ames for another six weeks. I feel like I am going to stay here for my entire mission. I might as well change my call assignment to the Ames Iowa mission.  It is a good thing I like it here! I am getting kind of anxious to serve somewhere else though. When I think about leaving this place it makes me kind of sad. I have become good friends with a lot of the members. There are people here that I would love for you guys to meet. Summer of 2019 road trip to Iowa? It is going to be sweet! 

Not much else to report on this week. I did buy a new calendar today and I bought some ankle weights last week. I am definitely going to start getting huge legs. Wearing them tracting gets kind of tiring though... Haha I am kidding of course. The highlight purchase I have made in the last couple weeks is a new set of scriptures. My old ones were kind of falling apart so I made an investment in a new copy. When they came in I was literally giddy. Who would have thought I would ever be so happy to receive a new pair of scriptures? They have literally become my favorite possession while I have been on my mission. 

I hope you all have a fantastic week. I love and miss you more than words can describe. 

Soon to have thunder thighs,
Elder Obray


Dwayne and Erik Hill made a pit stop in Ames.

No comments:

Post a Comment