Tuesday, February 20, 2018

After the Trial of Your... Bowels?

Hey Hey Hey. I will apoligize for this email in advance, I only have a few minutes to send it off. This week is going to be crazy so I will look forward to hearing from you again next week.

To give a super brief update on the week. Elder Hadfield and I got real sick on Wednesday after a Zone Conference. We got some food poisoning from the meal. It was so brutal.

Elder Hadfield and I had a killer week this week when literally all of our investigators decided it was a good week to come to church so we were super pumped. Blessings for sure! I had a super cool experience when I got to ordain "S". He received the Priesthood and asked me to be the one who ordained him. I was terrified, but it turned out pretty well. We are super pumped for that man.

From what I have heard, you already know about the transfer assignment I received on Sunday. President Badger invited us over to the mission home Sunday night and issued a new leadership calling. I am an Assistant to the President (AP). I am really excited because I will be working really closely with President and Sister Badger. They are such incredible people. I will be sticking around in Des Moines for a little while longer. My new companion is Elder Sampson and I am super pumped. We have dreamed of serving together since we came out at the same time. These next six months sure are going to be fun! One minor detail that will be switching up a little bit is that we actually email on Sunday afternoon because we are really busy Monday mornings. So be expecting another, better, email on Sunday, where I can give you a better update on my new calling. Just know that I couldn't be more happy, but also couldn't be more anxious and nervous. 

Sorry for the quick email, but we have to get back to planning transfers next week! Ugh pray for us. We are losing a ton of missionaries so it is super wild. 

Talk to you Sunday

I love you guys!

The Not So Tan Anymore,
Elder Obray

No comments:

Post a Comment