Monday, December 5, 2016

A Light at the End of the Tunnel

Hey Hey Hey! Man it has been a great week over here in Good Ole Ames! I really feel like it was just yesterday I was sending an email your way last week. It was so good to hear from you all last week and this week. You guys are the greatest. I will give a quick update on the birthday. I did have some sweet pictures to send you guys but I left my camera at the apartment. I will shoot them your way next week. We did end up going to Texas Roadhouse. Man it was so good. I almost forgot how magnificent those rolls are (Not as good as yours though Mom). The Cannon's actually hooked me up with a cake from Cold Stone to celebrate. Man I love that family. We watched the Christmas devotional with them last night. They are going to be a family that I will not soon forget. We had another Birthday experience on Wednesday. We went to the Reynold's house. We go over to their house for dinner at least once a week.

After all the birthday celebrations we got back to work. Man it was a struggle this week. I was really frustrated because of the lack of success we are having in Ames. I feel like all of the doors we knocked in the past couple of transfers seemed to pile up and I was pretty frustrated. When we got home for the night I spent some time on my knees. I am happy to report that my many prayers have finally been answered. 

Bishop Cannon got a call from a man wondering where he could learn more about the Mormons! Holy cow! Prayer is the coolest thing guys. We had breakfast with him at our Ward Mission leaders house on Saturday and we were able to teach him the Restoration. He is golden! He is from China, but is fluent in English. He doesn't have any problems with the Word of Wisdom and he even told us how important he thinks families are. Man what a blessing. The Elders in the Second ward had a baptism in the afternoon so I said, "Hey man there is a baptism in like an hour and you are welcome to come." He even showed up!

The rest of the week was pretty plain in comparison to the fire lesson. We taught some other lessons, but nothing super exciting. Yesterday at church we were on our way to Gospel Doctrine class when we noticed five people wanting to attend gospel principles. I panicked because there was nobody to teach. The responsibility fell on us missionaries to teach. Elder Balderston is still getting the hang of things so I said a quick prayer and started to think up a fire lesson on the spot. It actually turned out to be a great lesson. We talked about the need for the Fall of Adam and Eve. Being a missionary is the greatest sometimes!

Not too much else to report on, it is the truth when people say that on a mission you experience the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. I am glad to say that this week ended as one of the highs! I love this work and I am so grateful to be a missionary. Pinch my nephew’s chubby legs for me.

I love you guys. Have a killer week!

A Proud Father,

Elder Obray



No comments:

Post a Comment