Monday, January 29, 2018

Flirt to Convert

Hey hey hey! You could have never guessed it, but it was another great week here in the promised land. Have I mentioned how much I love this place? I think that I am going to move to Africa when I get home, because Liberian people are the coolest humans on this planet. I have some fun stories for you this week so lets dive right into it.

I will start off with my favorite story of the week. We got a request from Mormon.org saying that someone wanted a free bible. We get these quite a bit, and usually they don't turn out too well. They often are just old people who clicked the wrong button and didn't know what they were signing up for. We called this mystery person but no answer. We quickly forgot about it and got back to work. A few hours later we got a text exchange that makes me laugh everytime I think about it. Man I am such an idiot. It goes as follows:

Person: "Is this u Jeremy?"

Me (Being stupid): "I wish it was Jeremy. Sorry sugar"

Person: "I am sorry I must of had the wrong number. God bless you and know that Jesus Christ is a prayer away and loves you. #live love laugh

Me (Saw this super dope opportunity to spread the gospel): "No problem. Jesus Christ is definitely the way. If you want to learn more about him and find more happiness and joy, check out mormon.org!"

Person: "Oh yes <3 Thank you so much. Amen! I actually requested a bible from them a week ago or so and am waiting for them to deliver the bible and waiting for a visit. God bless and may you have a humble blessed day, I also recently committed myself to Christ and I feel so wonderful very excited for what is to come and what he has in store for me in the future."

At this point I am pretty much dying because I am such an idiot. But this man R is super solid. Long story short we got it all straightened out that he was talking to the missionaries and that I wasn't trying to flirt with this man. We visited him Saturday morning and he came to church on Sunday. He is now progressing towards baptism in March. What a guy. 

We saw some other awesome miracles. Remember D? My favorite Liberian woman who I invited to baptism immediately? She is doing great. She is progressing so well. She is looking to get dipped on February 24th. She is so awesome. She is an older African woman so our lessons with her are always super exciting. This week, we got into her house and saw that she was watching TV. We asked her if we could have a lesson with her and turn the tv off when we noticed that she was watching Utah play Arizona. I am not going to lie, I was weak. I decided it was okay for a second to watch the last couple minutes of the game. Man it was a pretty wild game too. I miss basketball so much! Oh my goodness. I need to repent.

Last person to update you on. I can't remember if I have already told you about this, but we found this awesome family a few weeks ago. His name is A and her name is M. They are the coolest people on the planet, you can guess where they are from. When we first taught M, she told us that she had almost gotten baptized years before, but decided to wait a while. She is so sick, she invited us back to watch the NBA finals with her and A, knowing my rebellious nature lately I might have to take her up on the offer. She came to church yesterday and is on date for March 17th. She is cooking an African feast for us next Saturday so I will make sure to let you know how that goes in the next couple of weeks. Pray for me. 

Well mi familia that is about all I have for you this week. Some other highlights include: exchanges with the APs, MLC, musical number (went well), praying in Swahili, and lots and lots of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Love you!

The Elder who is losing weight,

Elder Obray

MLC with the brethren
My favorite little African girl

When we got the Cafe Rio Burrito

No comments:

Post a Comment