Sunday, April 8, 2018

Facebook Your Fear

Hey Hey Hey! First of all, I know what you are thinking, "What a creative subject line," but I can't take credit for it, that was the title that President Badger chose for the upcoming transfer. Pretty classy I think.  This week was a good one, there are some massive changes headed our way in the mission, so I am all kinds of nervous and stressed about it, but it will all work out. No worries. Shout out to Bob and Jen for hooking me up with some good classes and a place to live at Utah State. It is a dream come true. Lets get to it.

We got to go to the temple again! It is hard for me to believe that it was six weeks ago that we went last. Man I love that place, one of the highlights of the trip was picking up my new companion, Elder Andrew Wood from Modesto, California. He is the man. Elder Sampson is getting released and is heading back into a Spanish Branch here in Des Moines. I am going to miss that man, we have had some fun together, but he won't be far away so I will still see him all of the time. Elder Wood and I knew each other pretty well before he got called, so I was pumped to be his companion. We will most likely be companions until I go home, so I have officially received my last companion and am serving in my final area. Pretty bitter sweet honestly. Don't have to worry about that for a while though. Four months is plenty of time! :)

Update on my dude S. He passed his baptismal interview yesterday with flying colors. He is getting baptized this Saturday at four o'clock. You guys should make an appearance! There is another Liberian member who has been a great fellowshipper who is going to be baptizing him. He is going to be such an awesome addition to the ward. He is such a stud. His wife is going back to Liberia next month and she told us that she is going to bring us back some African clothes! I couldn't be more grateful. Yesterday after his interview, I was talking with him and asked him what his favorite music was. He instantly laughed and said, "Country!" Yep this man is a cowboy. He loves the Zac Brown band and Kenny Chesney. I almost cried. I thought it was so funny. He is such a boss.

An update on our other solid investigators, W and C, we are still working to help W and Brother W to get married, but we had a great lesson with them this week, so we are expecting big news by our next appointment. They are an awesome family. 

We have been doing transfer planning all week, so that is about it by way of missionary work stories and updates. We received our smartphones this week! Pretty wild to have a smartphone in my hand again. We are just learning how to use them and what we can do with them right now. Elder Sampson, Elder Wood and I put together our Facebook profiles the other day. I have four friends right now, so you could say I am getting pretty popular. Please don't add me though, as much as I would love to be your Facebook friend, I cannot accept it. Hopefully this doesn't harm our relationship. Expect more pictures though! I am excited to be able to take good pictures on my phone again. I have been taking a bunch of selfies with people, so expect a lot of those in the upcoming months. 

Sorry I don't have too much to report on. This next week is going to be wild with transfers and the baptism, so expect a cool email next week! Love you guys!

The Facebook Famous,
Elder Obray

Elder Wood and Elder Obray? More like Joseph and Hyrum (at Carthage Jail)

The Assistants

No comments:

Post a Comment