Sunday, April 15, 2018

I Am Ready to Roll

Hola! Man it was a great week! It was one of those weeks where you are so grateful to be a missionary. It was a super busy one and a super stressful one, but it ended with a huge bang. Man I am pumped to tell you all about it, but first I must repent of last week's transgression and wish my favorite sister a Happy Birthday! Happy 27th birthday L Cat! Man, you are getting old. Thanks for being one of my best pals and for being the greatest sister a young man could ask for! Love you cuh! 

Lets get to it.

First of all, this week was transfers, so we spent the whole week running around trying to make sure all of the missionaries were going to the right place, and making sure there wasn't any problems with the companionships. We spent the good parts of Monday and Tuesday behind a computer screen and talking to every companionship in the mission. It makes for a long couple days, but it is good to talk with everyone and learn more about all the missionaries. Thursday is always a stressful day, we had to coordinate the transfer meeting and divvy out all of the phones to the MLC. It has been quite the headache dealing with all of these phones. Luckily, I will only have to deal with them for a couple months. Elder Sampson also got transferred on Thursday as well. It was tough to see him go, but he is close by serving in a Spanish Branch, so I still see him like every other day when we play basketball in the mornings. I am pumped to serve with Elder Wood though, we have already had some fun experiences. He is most likely my last companion on my mission, which is pretty weird to think about, but he is going to be a good one to end on. No complaints.

I am sure a few of you have seen me on Facebook haha. Man what a mess that is. From what I said in my first post and probably my only post on Facebook, I won't be able to message you or talk at all on Facebook, but feel free to send me stuff, and I will respond on P day via email. It is so weird being on Facebook again, it is even crazier to see how different everyone looks over the past year. So many people are married, it is so crazy. I guess we will learn as we go on how to use that stuff to baptize people.

Speaking of! My man S got baptized this week! Holy cow I love that man. It was one of the cooler baptismal services that I have ever been to. He is such a solid convert and I am so grateful that God allowed me to be a part of his story. Another African member of the ward baptized him and it was such a cool experience. S got up at the end of the service and bore such a killer testimony. He had a lot of his friends and family there, so this man threw down some doctrine. He is going to be a general authority someday! He talked about how he was a lost sheep and that he is now home. I recorded his testimony so I will try to send it over to you. At the end, he said "I am here, and I am ready to roll!"  He gave us all African shirts to wear to the baptism so of course I will attach a picture of the get up. I will be wearing that thing every day when I get home. Be prepared! The ladies are going to flock to that kind of style just wait. President Badger actually confirmed him today during sacrament meeting as well. When we asked Steve who he wanted to confirm him, he wasted no time and said that he wanted President to do it. It was a really powerful confirmation as you can imagine. President Badger is the man. 

We went golfing as well this week. I think the course that we played was similar to Augusta National, and I am certain that the level of competition was the same. Man it felt good to swing a golf club. It took me a few holes to get back in the "swing" of things lol gotta love Dad jokes. I really don't have too much else to report on. This week is going to be another wild one. We are distributing all of the phones out to the entire mission and I have to organize my first MLC. Pray for me! I am excited though it is going to be a great week. 

I love you guys. Keep being the best.

The Elder Dressed like a Liberian,

Elder Obray

The Man Himself
Watch out for this squad on the PGA tour

Sickest shirt I have ever received

No comments:

Post a Comment