Sunday, July 15, 2018

Feel the Burn

Hey Hey Hey! It was another great week in the IDMM. Things are really good these days. I am glad to hear that Trek was a success. I expected nothing less. It is also good to hear that it is was pretty tough. That is one of the things that I have been a little bit bummed about my trek. I felt like it was way too easy. Doing hard things is the good stuff. How else would we grow? This email is most likely going to be pretty short because not too much happened this week. We had a ton of administration stuff to do this week. Like always I will do my best to keep it lively. Lets get right to it. 

A pretty crazy day this week was my final mission leadership council of my mission. It was my ninth time being in that meeting and I really can't believe that I won't ever go to one of those again. Elder Wood and I prepared a training on having a burning desire in missionary work. We titled it "Feel the Burn" gotta love it. I shared some of my favorite track quotes in the training. You know that "Your altitude determines your altitude" made an appearance. In preach my gospel, it talks about the best way to increase your desire to do missionary work and to share the gospel is to study the Atonement of Jesus Christ. When we learn more about the sacrifice that He made for us, it becomes easier for us to make the daily sacrifices that bring the joy that only His Atonement can supply.

The next few days following MLC were spent helping people get situated after the transfer. We spent the majority of a couple of days stocking apartments and helping missionaries get settled. Bringing out the moving skills again. 

We had a cool little experience on Friday. The Stake asked us to help them with some of their youth conference, so we got to prepare a small training for some of the youth preparing to serve missions. It was a good time. It feels like just yesterday I was in their shoes. That is such an exciting time. 

A couple of updates, my man SF is doing awesome. He passed the sacrament today and even gave a short talk in sacrament meeting last week. TP got his patriarchal blessing a few weeks ago and is doing great. NB and EB have interviews with our bishop next week to get their temple recommends. Thinking about all of the amazing experiences from my mission truly "makes my heart swell" :) I am forever changed because of the privileged it has been to spend a couple years in Iowa serving my Savior. I love Him and am grateful for every minute that I have to represent Him. 

Love you! Have a great week!

The Elder with a swollen heart (shout out to Jen)


1 comment:

  1. Belief is the reason we go on a mission. It is the motive for preaching about Christ and sharing/Proclaiming his love. Faith is understanding we are children of God and our Heavenly Father. May this definition of faith bless you in your life. Faith is defined again and because faith has an inherent joy it gives us a solid foundation that we finally have the peace we have been searching for.

    "Many believer's feed themselves on what God hasn't done. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I create the atmosphere for the spirit of offense to arise and to thrive. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I legitimize unbelief. I live with a sense of justification, for not believing God.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance. even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance

    Heaven is a place where everyone is celebrated, some are more honored but everyone is celebrated. All men and all women shall be judged on the light which they have received. Heaven is a permissible culture. God's nature is eternally permissible. These statements protect us from credit.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance, even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done. Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance. Faith doesn't deny a problems existence, it denies it's influence. He or she was someone whom aridity and desolation never disturbed for he or she had a deeply rooted, and a vigorous faith.

    Now we can act as we have always dreamed. Now we can act as we have always been. Now we can step into the light and gather the sunlight instead of blocking out our possibilities. Instead of blocking out our joy. Variety will bloom in/under the sun. We can show off our best, we can enjoy other people's gifts. We can blossom where we stand upon the joy that faith provides us. Upon the joy that faith inherently has, which blossoms the entire field of flowers"

    .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYaxabUfkA - The Definition of Faith

    ReplyDelete