Sunday, July 1, 2018

Just Floating Away

Hey Hey Hey! Man what another great week. I feel like this week was incredibly quick, but looking back it feels like I emailed you guys like two months ago. We were super busy this week and all kinds of good stuff went down, so I will waste no time and get right to it. 

First of all my man N got dipped in the water yesterday! We are so pumped for him. He is the man. From what they told us, the baptism in Texas was a success. My friend M didn't end up getting baptized... She was really nervous about getting in the water before hand, but we thought it would be alright. No worries though, she has all kinds of time to get baptized. She is the coolest little girl. We are so pumped for that family. It has been a really amazing experience teaching them. We are looking forward to many years ahead of good friendship. They are definitely a family that I will have to visit whenever I am traveling through the Midwest! 

The departing temple trip was this week as well. It is always a good experience to sit down in the temple and think about holy things haha. The temple is a place of so much peace and I am so grateful for all of the amazing things that happen in temples. Hoorah for a temple in L Town!

Instead of traveling back to Des Moines after the temple trip, Elder Wood and I drove even farther into Illinois to meet all of the missionaries coming from the Chicago West mission. We held a short zone conference and met all of the great missionaries we are getting. It is going to be a little wild getting everyone moved over and acclimated to a new mission, but they were awesome missionaries and I am excited to serve with them for the home stretch of my mission.

The rest of the week was spent transfer planning. It is always a fun week to spend a lot of time with the Badgers. They are the coolest people around. I am really going to miss them when I go home. Never fear though, I have already discussed snapchatting Sister Badger to keep her updated. I am so grateful that I have had the privileged of serving close by them for so long. They are amazing. It is crazy to me that I am headed into my last transfer as a full time missionary. Yep..

Last thing, last night, we working on some stuff for transfers when we started getting phone calls from missionaries who were stranded in their cars. There was a huge storm yesterday which flooded a lot of the major streets here in Des Moines. Elder Wood and I got in our trusty vehicle, the van Shaylee, and hit the road. We spent the next few hours trying to help missionaries get back to their apartment and trying to help other people get their cars out of the road. We finally crawled into bed last night around 1. Man I was so tired, but it was quite the adventure. I only took one picture though.... Hopefully you will forgive me. It was a pretty cool experience though! Gotta love the Midwestern rain storms! 

That is about it this week. I hope things are going well back home. I will see you all in a few weeks! Love you

Just Floating Along... Literally

Elder Obray



No comments:

Post a Comment