Sunday, July 22, 2018

Rejoice Evermore

Hey Hey Hey! How about that? Another week is in the books. I say this every week, but I really can't believe how fast they are going by these days. I feel like that classic Kenny Chesney song is becoming reality. Don't blink or I will miss the end of my mission! Yikes!

This week was a good one of course. We spent the whole week in our area which isn't really that common, so it was a blessing and a half. We set a goal at the beginning of the week to be hooked up with 20 new people to teach, and God hooked it up even more and helped us find 23! Can't complain though, we found some real cool people and also some people who aren't so cool, but it is all part of the process I guess. We had some exchanges in our area with some stud ZLs from around the mission as well. One of which I go home with, and the other will most likely be my replacement here in the next couple of weeks. Pretty weird to think that I have been at this whole AP think for almost six months. It is about time I get subbed out! 

A couple updates on the people. I haven't mentioned this man before, but we are teaching this guy I. Of course he is from my favorite place on the planet and he is doing super good. He is looking to get baptized on the 11th of August, so I sure hope it goes through, nothing better than helping someone enter the waters of baptism on my very last week as a full time missionary. Other news is that we started teaching my guy SS's daughter who just moved here from New Jersey. I love that man. He is such a legend. She is also looking to be baptized on the 11th so it will be a big day for sure. We are pumped though. Gotta love Africa! We have also been teaching this guy named J. He is dating a returned missionary from Colorado here doing summer sales. He is a stud is and is super jacked. We have taught him a few times and will hopefully be getting dipped in September. It is a pretty weird thing right now because most of the people we are teaching have dates for after I get home. It was kind of like that moment when every movie that was advertised came out after I left on my mission. Similar to importance too I guess. :)

The ward I am serving in is pretty scarce on the young men to help out with the sacrament, so it isn't uncommon for us to get called on to help out. Today I had the amazing experience to stand shoulder to shoulder with S2 and S3 and pass the sacrament with them. It was a really tender experience for me and I felt a whole lot of joy as I watched them exercise their priesthood. Also today, my man NB went in for his temple recommend interview and priesthood interview. Right after his interview, his wife EB had hers. Man I sure love that family. We are going to try to squeeze in a temple date before I take off. Fingers crossed that it works out! 

Man I sure love being a missionary. I am really going to miss it when it is over.

Have a great week! Love you all.

Soon to be subbed out,

Elder Obray

My man, S hooked me up with a sweet African get up. He told me that this is what the prophets in his country wear. Hmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment