Sunday, July 8, 2018

So It Begins...

Hey hey!  I am pretty sentimental today to be honest. This week marks the beginning of my last transfer as a full time missionary. I guess we need to make this one the best one yet right? I am stoked to hear that trek is this week! I feel like you guys started working on trek when I started my mission. Crazy that it is finally here. I have no doubt that this will be the best one yet. You will have to give me the run down next week after a nap and a nice cold Diet Coke of course. I am sure that those Diet Cokes are packed and ready to go already.
We had a great week this week and of course it was crazy busy. We had a bunch go down so I will get right to it. 

This week was transfers and you guessed it. I am staying right where I am for the last one. We spent the majority of the week coordinating all of the transportation, calling missionaries, solving problems and helping missionaries. The good life. Transfer week is always really stressful. There is a lot on the line for most of the missionaries. I remember as a young missionary being super nervous to find out where I was headed next and who with. It really adds a lot of pressure when you are responsible to help decide what happens to these missionaries for the next six weeks of their lives. Luckily, President is super inspired and makes most of the calls! That man is a legend. 

Wednesday is always a fun day. We picked up all of the new missionaries from the airport. We had a decent sized group this time with thirteen new young missionaries. It is always the coolest thing to see how excited they are and how ready they are to hit the streets. I also met my great grandson for the first time. Yep, I lived to see the day when the fruit of my loins (well kind of...) reached four generations serving at the same time. What a blessing. Because we were hanging out with the new missionaries, our Fourth of July was super lame. Its all good though, I'll be home for the next one. Wahoo! 

Thursday and Friday were also real good days. Thursday is the big day when transfers happen so Elder Wood and I were cruising around all over the place making sure things went smoothly. Luckily it was a successful one with only a few minor hiccups. We then spent the rest of the day helping the departing missionaries get ready to take off. It was a tough group to send home. Some of my best pals were in that group, like Elder Sampson and Elder Butterfield, Elder Hadfield, Elder McCain and others. The mission is really going to be weird for the next little while. All of those guys will be at my homecoming though so I am pumped to introduce you to them! They are studs and I am really going to miss them. Only said see you later though... 

From what you might have seen, we spent Saturday morning ripping out drywall and tearing out carpet. It was great day. Funny thing was, when we showed up to the church to meet our groups, I was assigned to a group with a bunch of members from the Ames 1st ward! It was so killer! Including Bishop Cannon. We laughed that it was a flood that brought us together almost a year and a half ago after his flood in his basement. Good times for sure! I guess I can now officially call myself an Obray after working with drywall all day. Good stuff!

This email is longer than I meant it to be so I will cut it off there! I love you guys!

Have a great week!

The Flood Cleaner Upper,

Elder Obray
Yep.
Bishop Cannon. Possibly one of my future professors at USU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment