Monday, May 22, 2017

No Regrets

Hey Hey! Man, it was a great week here in Cedar Rapids. It was so great to talk to you guys last week. I sure do miss you guys. I can't wait for the times when we can sit around and joke around in person. I will dive right into the week.

The first full week of Cedar Rapids was pretty crazy. We have had some great success with finding this week. We have found a couple new investigators who are awesome. We are teaching a couple African families that are so great. They are so humble. Their kids often do not wear pants. It is hilarious when we are in a lesson and all the sudden a little boy runs into the room and literally has nothing on but a shirt. My kind of lifestyle. Elder Cline gets a little bit uncomfortable when I follow their example though... 

Our Zone Leaders have had their car in the shop all weekend so it fell on us to go into a car share with them for a little bit. To make things easier, they are staying in the house with us until their car gets fixed. It has been wild that is for sure. 

We have been teaching a woman named D. She is so awesome. She has had a pretty rough life and lives in some pretty sad circumstances. She came to church yesterday and is now working towards her baptismal date of July 1st. It has been great to testify to her that she is a Daughter of God. We are really excited for her to continue progressing towards baptism. I will keep you posted.  

The first real District Meeting was pretty wild. I prepared like three trainings and I couldn't really figure out what to actually train on until like ten minutes before the meeting. Not a moment too soon. I ended up training on serving with “No Regrets.” One thing that I have really kept in mind during my mission is that I never want to look back on my day and even my mission with the word regret in my mind. As missionaries, we will never look back on the day and regret working so hard that day, we will only regret not doing our best. The Lord promises us that if we do our best, we will sometimes be disappointed in the outcomes, but we will never be disappointed in our effort. I can relate this to life. At the end of the day, we will never regret doing the righteous thing, we will only regret the mistakes that we made and the consequences of those actions. When we compromise our standards to take the easier way, or the more fun way, we will eventually regret it. At the judgement day, we will have a perfect knowledge of all of those mistakes. I hope that I won't have too many regrets at that day. Luckily, we have a pretty awesome thing called the atonement to help out when we mess up. 

Not too much else to report on this week. I hope everything is going great back home. I miss you like crazy. I love you! Have a great week. 

Getting a little chubbier,
Elder Obray 

No comments:

Post a Comment